Thursday, March 11, 2010

Messy Fun


This is why I haven't posted much this week. I have not had a lot of time to take pictures because I have been up to my elbows in paper mache this week. In the 5 years Diana and I have been teaching together we have never tried paper mache before but because of the new center style we are using this year we thought it would be fun to try it out. I was surprised how scared most the kids were to get there hands dirty. I had to keep saying no you need to use MORE goop. But is was a lot of fun and today we painted them to be... Dinosaur Eggs. They were definitely not afraid to get paint dirty- (which you will all be able to tell because we forgot the paint shirts)SORRY!!!! This picture takes place before we got really messy.
We have had a lot of fun this week learning about Dinos. Tomorrow is our Dinosaur Party. Make sure to bring a Dinosaur to share, and wear dinosaur clothes either picture or color wise.
To end I want to share the story our class wrote about our class pet Zimmy the Dinosaur. I must say that this is the first time in 5 years that our class has chosen a dinosaur other than a T -rex for our pet so they get big props from me for originality. p.s. an apatasaurus is a long neck;)

Have a great weekend!
Teacher Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers